Salad is a healthy lunch option, but sometimes it can get a little boring. This is where the taco salad bowl comes in to spice things up! A taco salad bowl is simply a salad that is served in a bowl made to look like a taco.
This fun and easy twist on a classic lunch dish will keep you excited for your midday meal. The best part is that you can customize your taco salad bowl however you want, so it’s perfect for any taste.
Healthy Taco Salad Bowl
- Tortilla bowl pan
- 1 large tortilla
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens e.g. Boston lettuce, romaine lettuce, etc.
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde or green enchilada sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a soft tortilla and place it in the tortilla bowl pan. Gently press it into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Use a fork to prick the tortilla a few times.
- Bake the tortilla for 5-7 minutes, or until it is soft and lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove the tortilla from the oven and let it cool slightly before filling with your favorite taco toppings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned about 10 mintues. Drain any excess fat and add in the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and the tomato sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. In the baked taco bowl, combine the meat mixture with the greens and salsa verde or green enchilada sauce.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
What goes with taco salad?
There are endless possibilities for what goes with taco salad. Some people might prefer to just have the regular toppings of lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Others might like to add in things like black beans or corn.
For a bit of a southwestern flare, some people might add in jalapeno peppers or guacamole. And for those who really want to indulge, they can add in things like shredded chicken.
Ultimately, it’s up to the individual what they put into their taco salad and how they customize it.
Should Taco Salad be warm or cold?
There are many ways to make a taco salad, but one of the most important decisions is whether to make it warm or cold. Some people like their taco salad nice and warm, while others prefer it chilled. There are benefits to both options.
Making a taco salad warm is pretty simple – just cook the meat and vegetables beforehand and put them in a bowl together.
This option is good if you want all of the flavors to meld together and get warm. It can also be portable if you need to take it with you somewhere.
If you want to go the cold route, you can simply mix all of the ingredients together and put them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. This option is great if you want something refreshing on a hot day. Plus, it’s easy to customize so that everyone can add their favorite toppings.
Is a taco salad healthier than a taco?
There are a lot of different opinions on whether or not a taco salad is healthier than a regular taco.
Some people say that the salad is healthier because you’re getting more vegetables, while others claim that the salad is less healthy because it has more calories and fat. The truth is, it really depends on how you make your taco salad.
If you use high-fat ingredients like sour cream and cheese, then the salad will be less healthy than a regular taco.
But if you use lean protein sources and plenty of fresh vegetables, then the salad can be just as healthy as a regular taco. In the end, it’s all about making healthy choices when you put your taco salad together.
What are taco salad bowls made of?
Taco shells and bowls are typically made of corn, although wheat flour and other grain varieties are also used.
To make the shells or bowls, masa harina (a type of corn flour) is mixed with water to form a dough, which is then pressed into a mold and cooked.
The cooked dough can be filled with a variety of ingredients, such as meat, cheese, vegetables, and salsa.
What’s the difference between nachos and taco salad?
A taco has a corn tortilla, while a nacho has a flour tortilla. Tacos are also typically served with salsa, while nachos are served with cheese sauce and other toppings.
Taco salad is a dish that combines the elements of both tacos and nachos, making it a bit of a hybrid dish. It has a crispy shell like a nacho, but is filled with ingredients like lettuce and tomatoes like a taco.
How long does taco salad last in the fridge?
Taco salad is a popular dish that can be made with a variety of ingredients. The dish can be stored in the fridge for a few days, but the length of time it lasts will depend on the ingredients used.
For example, if the salad includes meat, it will last for about three days. If the salad does not include meat, it can last for up to five days.